Tomorrow is Jonathan's fifth birthday. He's been wanting a Batman birthday party for months now. The only problem is there is NO Batman party stuff around here. Go figure, with the record-setting movie over the weekend. We'll be fine with yellow and black decorations and my attempt at a Batman cake. But what about a pinata? We went to a bunch of stores.
Here's what we came up with:
We love Buzz Lightyear at our house. He's a definite favorite. But he's no Batman! When Jonathan saw it this morning (my sister brought it from Utah), he just looked at it and didn't know what to say. I asked him if it was okay if I painted Buzz so he looked like Batman. Then came the excitement. "Yes! And you can give him pointy ears!" So the pressure is on. Can I really make Buzz look like Batman?

Cue the Batman theme. An hour and a half, and a can of spraypaint later, we have Batman! Jonathan hasn't seen it yet (supposedly napping). I think he'll be pleased with the pointy ears AND logo AND yellow belt AND crepe paper cape. Too bad we'll be smashing him to bits tomorrow. Maybe I should have made a villain instead?

 [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Only 0 of 29540 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in <b>/usr/local/home/vhosts/pyzamstuff.com/httpdocs/savefamily.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br /></div><div>http://www.pyzamstuff.com/family_images/c/c5/b740c415d7f515fc755786344c855f.png)
11 comments:
Kristen I am so impressed! He is going to love it! You are so creative. I would have said tough luck and heard crying for two days. The thought would never have crossed my mind that you can actually CHANGE a pinata. Good thinking Batman! ;)
Well done man. He looks great. Besides, how good must a pinata look? They're only going to beat the tar out of it.
Awesome!
I KNEW you would transform him just fine.
Now, what spray paint can transform a Baptist into a Mormon?
BTW, I didn't even know that first photo was supposed to be Buzz. I glanced at it and thought "what cheap Japanese anime character is this supposed to be?"
Kristen, that was great. Your batman transformation looked a TON better than Buzz.
Wow Kristen, is there anything you can't do??? Batman looks awesome! Have fun at the party!
Girl, you did good! I am so impressed. I need to have you come help me with Caden's birthday party. LOL. :)
Very creative you did a great job on that..I love it!
Much better looking than the Buzz, you should look into this as a career. Hope you have a great party!
I am so excited for you and your new temple. What a blessing to have one closer to you.
I sure miss you and your family.
HOly smokes, Batman! Good job! Happy Birthday to our favorite 5 year old in Oakley!
Wow! You are amazing. What a good mommy you are. I am going private so I need your email!
Post a Comment