Flip books.
Do you know what a flip book is? I wasn't sure what they were called until Google helped me out just now. I remember that when I was little, my oldest sister would use sticky notepads to create cartoons. On the first page, there would be a stick figure standing there. Then on the next page he would be there with a slight variation like his leg sticking out to walk. Then the third page would be a little different again. There's a bunch of pages like that. Then when the pages are flipped, it looks like the stick man is moving. Neat! I know you know what I'm talking about. Like this:
Come to think of it, my sister wasn't the only one who made these flip books. My brother made some too but they were usually pretty violent if I remember right: heads falling off and stuff like that. I even tried to make a few flip books myself but I'd get impatient after like 5 pages, and that's really not much of a cartoon. Anyway.
Back in June we got to spend a little time with Ben's younger brother, Andrew. The kids immediately loved him. He's super fun like their dad. (Imagine that. It's like they're brothers or something.) Before Andrew headed home, we took some pictures of him and the kids. I'm not sure Josh will remember much of it. He was out. These were taken at Matt's house.
Just now I was looking at the series of pictures of Andrew and the kids. Hilarious. We didn't do it on purpose, but go ahead and play the "flip book" game. Pick a kid, any kid. Look at how he/she changes from picture to picture. It needs to be fast to get the effect. (Greg and Zach are the best.)
Whee! Wasn't that fun? Now for the best part. Go back up and do the same thing with Uncle Andrew.
Did you do it?
He's like a statue! That's what made the rest of the kids have the flip book effect. So funny. (Is it funny? Am I weird?) I don't think he moved a muscle, probably trying not to wake the baby. Perhaps he should consider a career as a live mannequin.
These two were meant to be funny at least:
Okay, I'm done. Thanks so much, Andrew, for spending time with us! Hopefully we'll see you again soon.


 [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Only 0 of 29540 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in <b>/usr/local/home/vhosts/pyzamstuff.com/httpdocs/savefamily.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br /></div><div>http://www.pyzamstuff.com/family_images/c/c5/b740c415d7f515fc755786344c855f.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment