Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tropical Paradise

Is this the image that comes to mind when you hear "Spring Break?"

Here are the very cold boys, enjoying a Saturday in the mountains. It is usually calm and fairly warm when we get up there, but this day it was not. It was the first day of their cousins' spring break. Brrr. Note the blowing snow in the background.

I sat in the car with Nicole until the boys got cold. Ben took over with the kids while I went out for a "calm" ride on a snowmobile, following on a trail behind my brother. I have a different idea of calm than he does, but I survived and it was a blast. We eventually thawed out. Hot chocolate is wonderful!

4 comments:

. said...

Looks fun! snow is fun to visit, not to live in, that is why I love CALI! And I LOVE your cute bunnies you do have some SKILL when it comes to tool painting. You are really good! Can't wait to see my tag.

Englishfam said...

Crazy!! It looks freezing, I am hoping that we don't have any more snow. (yeah right it's Utah) But snowmobiling and sledding are so much fun atleast you made the most of it. Love the Easter Bunnies too. They look like a lot of work. How long did it take you to paint it?

Kristen said...

Hmmm. It took about a week's worth of naps and bedtimes... so I'd say maybe 10-15 hours? Ooh that's a lot. Or maybe more, I don't know. But it's very calming for me. I was ready to be done though. I like trading off between different projects. You're nice to ask.

chelon:) said...

i sooooo don't miss that weather :) but it is beautiful to look at from indoors!!