Monday, January 10, 2011

Interview with a 3-year-old


"My mom's making me pose again." That's what Nicole's first picture always says.

The reason for this pose was her FIRST day in primary!

Which means that she is all done in nursery.  *Sigh.*  Really?  



Here's Nicole when she started nursery at age one. She's so tiny! She couldn't even walk yet. It's normal for kids to start nursery at 18 months but the teacher begged to take her earlier. They gobbled her right up.

 

Here she is, halfway through nursery. That silly little smile is part of what I live for each day. As I went looking through her old pictures to find this, I think my heart was imploding. Does every mother do that? Memories are powerful. 

Powerfully good stuff.

Anyway, I asked Nicole what her favorite things about nursery were:

Playing with toys
Singing songs - like Wheels on the Bus and I am a Child of God
"Deanie" my teacher
Listening to stories about Jesus... and  monkeys
Eating snacks - marshmallows are my favorite
Showing my dresses to Deanie

(Have you ever tried doing a written interview with a 3-year-old?  Don't.)



But look at her! So grown up. And she is ready. Nicole now leaves Greg behind in nursery and joins her older brothers in primary.  New adventures ahead!  After her first day in primary, Nicole reported that she still gets to sing songs and color pictures.  Life is good.

4 comments:

Amy N. said...

life is good! That was Skye's report in a nutshell too. I have tried to do a written interview...hard! I now stick with video camera interviews :)

Heidi said...

WE're struggling...Mommy is just too close in there and she wants to sit on my lap. Glad your cutie is doing better than mine. :)

Sharon said...

What a cute little girl! And I LOVE that smile!! I should do interviews with my kids. I think it would be fun to look back and read them :)

jaclyn weist said...

What a big girl! I loved when the new sunbeams came in there year. They just sat there with big eyes wondering what in the world they were doing in that room.

Congrats to nicole! She's such a cutie.