Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Princess Turns Four


Our sweet little girl has had another birthday! A Barbie Princess this time.  Nicole wore the same party dress as last year, but it fits a little better this time. She reminded me about the crown at the last minute too.



We've been planning her Barbie cake for months. (Yes, that's a real Barbie. And yes, it still has its legs. Plastic wrap is wonderful.)  I generally point out that my cakes are way easier than they look.  This one, however, was way harder!  It was scary for awhile there, but all's well that ends well.  The birthday princess was delighted.



I wish everyone could have the opportunity to watch Nicole open presents.  She is hilarious.  She gets so excited and animated, and everything she opens turns out to be the best thing she's ever seen.  I'm sure she won't ever grow out of that...



I know you were wondering how we'd put a candle on the cake. I hope she made a good wish!



Nicole eats like a delicate princess too.

We were sneaky and celebrated Nicole's birthday a couple days early because Daddy had to be out of town on the big day. So then on Nicole's real birthday, we went on another adventure. A girly adventure.



Nicole got her ears pierced!  She was so brave and didn't cry at all. I need to take a better picture of them - you can't see that her earrings are pink sparkly hearts.  Really pink and really sparkly.  She is quick to point them out to everyone she sees.

Our little girl is growing up!  Happy Birthday, Nicole. We love you!

7 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!!! I miss her lots!!! Such fun pictures. :)

Montana at the Helm said...

Such a pretty cake! I sure believe that that cake is harder then it looks. It stresses me out just thinking about how you did it. Great job! You have such a pretty princess daughter! If she is a princess, doesn't that make you a Queen!

Sharon said...

Once again I am very impressed by your cake making skills. I'm not sure how you did it but it LOOKS hard! I bet its fun to have a little princess to balance all the boyishness :)

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a beautiful birthday princess! I am impressed with how brave she was too. My girls are still not sure about getting their ears pierced.

chelon:) said...

oh my goodness...4 already? time flies. she is absolutely adorable. the cake is fantastic too! nice job :)

Amy N. said...

I had the ambition to make that cake for Skye last year, but then started reading the instructions and thought...nahhh...way to be the brave mom! She is such a doll!

craigslister said...

Wow! She sure is a pretty little girl. LOVE that dress. Always a joy to read your posts.

--Stephanie