Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's Out!


I just found this picture.  It's from Jonathan's kindergarten graduation two years ago.  The kids are all so little! Each one of them makes me laugh.  Maybe we look the same to you, but I can't get over it. Greg is hilarious.

Anyway, the boys just finished up their school year again.  The last two weeks of school were packed with activities.  Here are a few highlights:



Track and Field Day! This picture had me laughing really hard when I took it.  It looks like the perfect snapshot of a perfect bullseye.  In reality the ball was mid-arc and ended up missing the entire target. It hit the bottom of the chain-link fence.  Now that's creative photography!  But in the end Zach actually did very well at this event and got 3rd Place.  Great job, Zach! 



Jonathan was racing nearby at the same time.  This was the beginning of his 50 yard dash. (Red shirt, far left.)  It seems that he has inherited his parents' knack for not having much speed but making up for it in endurance. I hope he doesn't mind that he's a tortoise rather than a hare. His best running event of the day was the "marathon." He kept on going, even though he was tired. That's our boy!



Then all the boys lined up for a sack race.  Backwards.  Is that even possible?  Most of the boys didn't think so.  But Jonathan was his usual cautious self and was able to finish the race without falling down.  (Red shirt, still going strong.)  It was definitely an entertaining "race" to watch. 



A few days later, the elementary school put on their Spring Music Program. Here Jonathan's class is playing their musical instruments. I don't know what they're called but they sounded neat!  I was really impressed that every single class performed a song by singing, dancing, and using a musical instrument. That's a very ambitious music teacher. And they did it well.



Zachary graduated from kindergarten! (Big surprise there.)  He loved his teacher, Mrs. Bowen. His graduation was a lot of fun, with a slideshow of the year's activities and the whole class singing "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan.  Zach's been talking about it for months and he knew every word. It was sweet.  And this is my favorite thing that Zach brought home from school that day:


Please note that Zach is eight inches tall and weighs three pounds.  His address is perfectly right but his birthday isn't even close.  But it was clearly good enough for a Kindergarten Driver's License.  I love my Zachary.  



Last but not least - the school picnic.  All the kids walked to the park, where their families could join them for a picnic and some fun.  Jonathan was nice enough to eat with us before running off to play with his friends.  He even insisted on sharing his special lunch with Greg.  We had fun sitting as a family and enjoying the sunshine.



It was a great school year for our boys. We're proud of their hard work and thankful to their teachers. 

And now we're ready for our summer vacation!

3 comments:

Amy N. said...

oh how happy I am that summer vacation is here! Those last couple of weeks were very fun, but they drained me! Now let's hope it warms up before the summer is over.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a fun last bit to school. We still have 3 weeks here but I am sure it will be over before I know it.

The Bedke Fam said...

Wow...so much fun stuff going on! That first pic is awesome. The kiddos do look SO young. Crazy! YAY for summer!