Monday, December 31, 2012

P.S. Don't Forget These


This is one of my favorite pictures. I don't think I ever posted it. So just in case you didn't get enough of us in 2012, here's a recap of things you DIDN'T see on the Nelson Family Blog this past year. Most of them are just fun, around-the-house pictures.  Time to wrap things up, one per month:



January - That baby.  He's so tiny. Why do my babies keep growing up?!?!?



February - Greg and his favorite babysitters, Lauren and Aubrey. He talks about Lauren EVERY day and sits on her lap at church. Every time she babysits, Greg cries when it's time for her to leave. We keep thinking he'll grow out of it but he is pretty sure he's going to marry her.



March - Our kids beg to run on the treadmill. We do have toys, I promise.



April - Nicole took her pre-Kindergarten test and got a perfect score. Dad said he was going to reward her with a Happy Meal.  He thought it would be really funny to bring in just one and have her eat it in front of the boys. After a few minutes of watching them fume, he brought in the rest of the Happy Meals. They still talk about how funny that was.



May - I have to give Nintendo Wii credit for making such fun and active 4-player games. When it's cold outside, Mom highly approves of Smurf Dance Party. Ben and I are pretty Smurf-tastic at it ourselves.



June -  What kid isn't mesmerized by watching heavy machinery?  Especially when it's Grandpa.  He was was really nice and added a drive-off feature for us, so we could move our mailbox back away from the road.  (Now if the farmers want to run over it every month, they have to swerve off the road.)  I like that the kids are sitting close to each other on purpose.



July - We visited a local pig farm to pick out our favorite. The kids all agreed that this was the one for us and they named him "Oreo."  (Can you see why?) Of course we told them ahead of time that we were getting him for eating and not to keep as a pet, so we didn't have any problems. They still speak fondly of Oreo.  


August - Boys love sitting still.



September - Digging potatoes in Grandpa's field. We're definitely spoiled!



October - Now that's just cute.



November - I think this is some sort of two-bodied zombie.


December - Ben was pretty excited to be receiving his 5-Year Service Award at the D.L.Evans Bank Christmas Party this year. Bank officers traditionally receive an engraved watch at that time. When Ben opened his up, he found a really cute Hello Kitty watch inside. Well played.  (He did get the fancy one at the end of the party.)



And that's it! We rang in the New Year at home, with snacks and games.  It took the  girls until 12:40 a.m. to fully demolish all the boys at Monopoly.  It's too bad my partner was too sleepy to enjoy the victory.  

Happy New Year! 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your blog is so cute. I love seeing your pictures and watching your kids grow on here. It keeps me motivated to post on our blog every once in a while.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I loved seeing all the pictures of your family. What a fun family, they must have an wonderful mommy. It was also fun to see Ben playing in the snow. A mark of a true man.

Mariah said...

I love this way of recapping the year. What a great momma you are and so fun to witness the things you value most.