A dear friend recently listed me as one of her favorite blogs to visit. How sweet! Thank you! And now according to the rules, I'm supposed to list my own top seven that I enjoy reading. I guess that makes it so you can all try them out too. But first, I have a little question to put out on the table...
Here's how my blog is listed on Adhis' top seven:
Starchiest? Excuse me? What is "starchiest" supposed to mean?!?!?! Think about it for a minute...
The simplest answer is that it's the Idaho thing, right? Idaho equals potatoes equals starch? But then again, "starchy" can also describe people that are overly formal. Hmph. At times like this, I consult a dictionary. Yes, I actually do. Is that a sign of starchiness? I'm trying to figure out if I should be offended. (As I'm chuckling.) Dictionary says:
starch is tasteless ... potatoes ... used to stiffen fabrics ... natural ...formality of manner... causes rigidness...
(yes, that was taken out of context - that makes it more fun)
You get the idea. Starchiness is LAME. Unless you like potatoes.
So I hope my blog isn't so starchy that it's lame. She DID list it as one of her seven favorites, right? I do love potatoes, and every day I'm grateful that I live in the starchiest state in the country. So I guess I'm starchy and proud of it. Thanks to all my friends for visiting my starchy blog!
Anyway, here is MY list of blogs that I love to read. I didn't duplicate any on her list. And I'm not helpful enough to provide you with links here - you have to go to my link list on the right column of my blog. If I were a starchier person, I would have been more considerate! The top seven, in no particular order:1) WakeWii Family - Our once-upon-a-time neighbors that got me started on blogging. Make sure you check out her craft site too!
2) Weist Family - My sister! She's new to blogging and has the strangest things happen to her kids - I love the accompanying photos.Her link list also contains the most clever title ever made.
3) Dalebout Family - She always has something fun to tell about, and make sure you look at her photography website too.
4) Cooper Family - Don't blink or you might miss a post. I love that there's always something new. I guess that's what happens when there's twins and a baby!
5)Driscoll Family - She has always made me smile, and now her blog always makes me smile. A genuine blog from a genuine friend.
6) Colquitt Clan - Everyone loves Chelon. Really, what more could I say?
7) Bleyl Banter - I never knew her family very well but now I feel like I do. Always hopeful and smiling, no matter what happens. Darling kids.
There are a lot of others that I'd love to mention. Maybe another day. Really, thanks for reading my blog. If you know someone that might like to see it, let me know so I can add them. I know the privacy is a pain but it's the way I do things. Just call me starchy!

 [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Only 0 of 29540 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in <b>/usr/local/home/vhosts/pyzamstuff.com/httpdocs/savefamily.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br /></div><div>http://www.pyzamstuff.com/family_images/c/c5/b740c415d7f515fc755786344c855f.png)
7 comments:
I guess I was supposed to post these rules too:
1. If you've been tagged, you can put the logo on your blog.
2. Link the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.
I broke a couple rules and I still need to do #5. Hmmm.
Wow, I'm honored! Thanks!! By the way, I love your "starchy" blog, too. :)
AHHH GEEZ THANKS!!!!!
Kristen you make me laugh. I can't believe you seriously looked up starchy in the dictionary. You kill me. FYI I would have nominated you too but Adhis had already nominated you. Did you notice that Heidi had already been nominated too by Adhis? She must really be feelin the love!!
ahh yes, the love. Did you ever think that maybe Adhis was referring to the amount of starch you use on Ben's shirts? Love you!
The only starch that's ever been on Ben's shirts was from the stew I made last week...
I'm just saying your blog is filling. Especially when baked and topped with cheese.
Post a Comment