This is my Grandma Hale. She's actually my mom's step-mom. But to me she has always been as much of a grandma to me as my biological ones. I always thought I was extra special because I had three grandmas!
Grandma Hale passed away on Saturday night. It is sad to say goodbye and know that she's not there for any more hugs. But sometimes death can be a blessing, after sickness and suffering. I don't worry about where she's at now - I know she's happy. We just have to get used to her being gone.
These pictures are from last November. I'm happy that our kids were able to know Grandma too. She was always so sweet with children - I remember being a child around her.
Grandma, thank you for smelling so pretty and for letting me touch your fragile figurines and for hugging me when I stepped on your flowers and for sending me letters and cards as I grew up... and thank you for asking my boys to sing primary songs to you and for holding their hands tightly and for smiling as my daughter forced graham crackers into your mouth. We love you, Grandma! We won't forget you. I hope that a little of you might have rubbed off onto me.

 [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Only 0 of 29540 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in <b>/usr/local/home/vhosts/pyzamstuff.com/httpdocs/savefamily.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br /></div><div>http://www.pyzamstuff.com/family_images/c/c5/b740c415d7f515fc755786344c855f.png)
5 comments:
What a sweet post, Kristen. Thank goodness for eternal families. But it's always hard to say goodbye - Sending love and prayers your way -
Love, Marie
Thank you, I was reminded of My Grandma Dowdle, especially when you thanked your grandma for smelling so good. My grandma always used the same lotion and there have been times over the past few years that I have smelled her lotion and had a sweet moment remembering her. Grandma's are the best, and they keep loving us (just like we love them) even after we can't see them anymore.
So tender! I think it's great that your kids got to know her, and that you have pictures for them to look back and remember her, too.
Thanks for the post. I'd wanted to write something but I wanted a picture and didn't have one. You wrote such sweet things!!! I always thought we were pretty lucky too for having 3 grandmas. :)
Post a Comment