Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Marathon Pictures

Aren't they amazing? That's Ben and my mom -- Official finishers of the Top of Utah Marathon. If you don't know, that's 26.2 miles. WOW. I get tired after driving that far. Don't they look happy? I'm not sure I would have been able to climb up on the podium at that point. Okay, I would have still been on the course. It seems to me that most of the work for them is actually in the training beforehand -- lots of time and miles. But all that work paid off and they survived!

The race was last September, but I'm adding it now because we just got back the official picture. The two of them ran the whole race together (again), taking turns helping each other along. The finish line picture is tiny because it's the one we didn't order. But it still serves as proof that there was a race to go along with the medals. They did it!



Like I said, aren't they amazing? I'm so proud of both of them.

6 comments:

TheOrttFamily said...

Wow thats way to far to run..I am done after a mile of walking..haha..Congrats to the both of them way to go!!

Adhis said...

You should be proud of yourself, Kristen. Nowadays, I can't even motivate myself to drive that far.

BTW, you talked me into moving my blog and am now part of the blogger/blogspot chain. Let's see how that goes...

Englishfam said...

Marathon runners are crazy!! Doing a half marathon definitely put it into perspective for me of how hard it actually is. I didn't know that your mom did it too! That is totally impressive. Keep it up Ben! And props to you too Kristen, for holding the fort down while Ben was on the long runs. :)

Heidi said...

Well, I guess I have to admit it to you so you can tell Ben and you can all chuckle. Jeramy's work is sponsoring us in the SL Marathon. From the start I said I would do the 5K (Hey, I walked it with a double stroller, I can run it!) Jeramy was all about the marathon...then the half...now he just signed up for the 5K because "It would be more fun to run it with you." HA! Lazy, out of shape Jeramy. we're getting too old! We'd rather sit and catch up on hours of Lost than run.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the blog instructions, I'll have to try it, but it might be one of those dumb Mac things. I hate to break it to you, but Maddie told me today that she's going to marry Jackson now and not Jonathan. Jackson just lives closer she says. I told her to wait until they are both at BYU. hee hee

Jennica said...

WOW! I am amazed and proud of both of them. What a neat experience for them to do together too. I hope Ben is able to keep it up, AMAZING!