
The Twin Falls Temple is almost ready! The open house begins in a couple weeks. Ben and I get to be ushers for a couple days of it and we're so excited. I'm hoping we can be inside instead of manning the parking lot. =o) My parents will be tour guides and they had a sneak peek yesterday - actually they were practicing for the tours but my mom seems to have done a lot of looking around. It sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see the inside. Oooh, I can't wait! Well I guess I have to. Jonathan's thrilled that our tour is scheduled on his birthday.

(Our family at the groundbreaking ceremony - two years ago!)
Even more than all the open house stuff, we're excited to have a temple so close to home again. It was hard to move here to where it's more of a sacrifice to attend. We go every month and between gas and a full day of babysitting, it sure adds up. It's worth it of course but it will be a DREAM to have our own temple so much closer. Twin Falls is about 45 minutes to an hour away from our town, depending who's driving. The dedication will be on August 24, and then it will be OPEN. Yessssss.....
(Jonathan doing his part with the special golden shovel.)
The reason I'm posting this now instead of later, is because tickets are now available for the open house. If you're looking for a quick and cheap family vacation, come see us! We'd love to have your family come visit. (This is the beauty of a private blog - I know all of you and you really ARE welcome.) We can take you to the open house or just point you in the right direction. We have a guest room (or tents, haha) where you can stay the night, plenty of showers and hot water, and even a meal or two. Doesn't that sound fun? Well I won't push it, but the tickets are going fast - especially weekends. The Open House is July 11 through August 23. Let us know anytime you want to come, although our guest room is already taken the weekend of July 26. Here's the website and phone number if you want to reserve free tickets to the Open House:
1-866-537-8457 http://www.lds.org/reservations/1,10751,1619-1-442,00.html

 [<a href='function.file-put-contents'>function.file-put-contents</a>]: Only 0 of 29540 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in <b>/usr/local/home/vhosts/pyzamstuff.com/httpdocs/savefamily.php</b> on line <b>19</b><br /></div><div>http://www.pyzamstuff.com/family_images/c/c5/b740c415d7f515fc755786344c855f.png)
7 comments:
I didn't realize that you guys were only 3 hours from here. That's not bad. Maybe we will make a trip up there, I'll talk to James and get back with you on that! The only dedication I have ever been to was the Mount Timpanogos temple when I was about 14. It was so beautiful and a very neat experience especially since I didn't have my endowments out yet but was still allowed to be in the "restricted" areas. Good luck manning the parking lot! :)
I'm jealous! It will be fun to have a temple close!
If we come to City of Rocks, can we come see you? We plan to come in September!
You are too funny. :) I'm glad to hear that the temple will be opening up soon. You don't really know how lucky you are until it is missing. And I would say yes to one of your kittens, because I love them, however, I am very allergic to them. Sorry! But good luck. :)
jealous! what a beautiful temple. how exciting! i wish that we were close enough to visit. no such luck. enjoy it and do some temple work for me ;)
Do you ship these free kittens? Just kidding, I don't want a cat, I have Ty.
Hey, where was this offer BEFORE we had the dreadful Yellowstone vacation? haha
Seriously, that is a great offer! But I aint sleepin in no tent! I will take the Master Suit. :)
Oh, thanks for reminding me how blessed I am to have a temple so dang close! I should really try to go sometime.
Sounds like you will be having some great times. My mom grew up in Burley and as a girl I can remember he teaching me how luck I was to have a temple so close. I have been blessed enough to be able to go to the dedication for the Bountiful and Mt Timp. temples. We will soon be having two more opening in our backyard. I would love to be able to help with the open houses. What was you had to do to get on the volunteer list? As for making a trip up there I'm not sure if we can afford it. With gas over $4 and the price of a tent rental it would be way over our budget:)
Post a Comment